Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Before I left for Montreal, I got a friend request on Facebook from Bobby who has known my family since I was a teenager. Well tonight as I was finishing up some tasks @ my job, I was reminded of it, so I delved in and low and behold, there were the slew of the people I have spent every Tuesday night for the past 4 years (not including the 2008-09 season and summers) bowling along side some of these folks. Leigh was the barmaid (as I'm sure she still is until she finishes her R.N.), Keith (who's rev rate when he releases his ball is something that would probably take me years to accomplish if I practice every day), his wife Sara who's more accurate on the lanes that I've been, Keith's bro Travis who's one of the funniest guys to bowl against. He makes a night of bowling that much cooler. There's also the Filipino crew like Jun and Randy amongst others. I used to be in Filipino Leagues growing up as some of these awesome bowlers have known me for over half my life. It was cool to see fellow Flips on a weekly basis. Then of course there's Mike, Matt, and Ray: My former teammates and for all intensive purposes, the best people a guy can ever bowl with. I had 2 awesome seasons bowling with them: They helped me improve my game to the point of finally bringing my average over 200 which I will always be grateful for.
Anyway, I had to leave this game I love so much this past season because I had to focus on my career (which I am still in the process of doing) and in the midst of it, I moved upstate to Kingston. Let me tell you, not a single Tuesday night during the season rolls by that I don't think of The Montvale Major League: The best league I was ever a part of. I miss going there and spending between 9:30 - Midnight with the people there...I think about it all the time. I hope you guys realize how much of a positive influence you all have been to me. I have just recently picked up my ball again after leaving them dusting for many months because (quite frankly) it isn't the same for me if I'm not bowling in my favorite bowling alley just a stone's throw from the NY/NJ Border on Route 304. I intend on cranking it hard this summer as I re-establish my game. Hopefully I can find a way to work my schedule so that I can bowl in that league again: That Tuesday night league that I loved being a part of so much...
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
- I'm doing pretty good. Was cool to see my parents this past weekend (they're actually in my living room right now watching The Amazing Race)
- My bro Jim and I footed the bill on an early dinner for Mom & Dad (Yeah, he benefitted too...Ha) with whatever she wanted, but all she cared about was being with us. Unfortuantely my elder 2 brothers weren't there (since John's in Denver and Ferd's on the border of West Virginia & Kentucky). Anyway we had them close to our thoughts today.
- Another long week @ work ahead: I must stay focused because this is a crucial time for the company: I intend on making more strives as I continue to grow...it's a good fit for me. Yeah, I know the hours may be long @ times, but I welcome it if it does nothing short of the common goal: Company growth and kicking ass!
Have a good evening all...- R
- Last night I was in Mamaroneck to pick up a friend, then went to Yorktown Heights for dinner, then wounded up in Scarsdale for a little get-together. I got home kinda late. That's the puzzling thing: What the hell am I doing up so early? I'll tell you. When you're being "manipulated" into waking up, that usually gets you up faster... ;)
- Happy Mother's Day for all the Mommy's out there...hope you all have a killer day! I hope to show my own mom that everything's cool in the world because we all love her!... - R
Saturday, May 9, 2009
- Just finished writing up my latest blog post: http://towrofstgh.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/dietandexercisedayday12of214/
- Feeling good about the day...even though it's dreary out!
- I'm making some digital media right now...you know who you are! :)
... - R
Friday, May 8, 2009
|Friday...what can I say? To me, it's just another day @ the office, but to many it's a day to look out the window, smile, and know that in a mere 8 hours you're out there and ready to enjoy the weekend. Usually I would come home, get take-out (since Friday is take-out or go out to dinner night), head on back, and watch some TV and/or hook in the Playstation and play for a few hours 'til we get tired and crash. |
Not this weekend: I'm going to see my parents, but not before I pick up my closest friend and go hit the I-MAX. Yeah, I can be a kid again for a few hours...that's gonna rule!
... - R
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
|- having lunch: 2 chicken tenders + 4 breaded shrimp. I was going to get a salad, but I just wasn't in the mood...yet I didn't want to go nuts. I'm cool w/ it.|
- the day's going a bit smoother than yesterday...trying to get my bearings as usual. No love loss w/ myself as far as trying to improve my work performance: It's just my way...
... - R
Monday, May 4, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
|- back from laundry and folding/hanging up clothes. Probably going to get take-out this evening due to the fact that I've barely eaten anything + I'm just not in the mood to make anything...Yeah, I know! I'm a lazy sod...no doubt about that!|
- It's a long week ahead with a lot to do @ the office, but the smell of fresh laundered clothing and spending the evening kicking back is what I need to prepare myself mentally for it.
... - R
|- onwards to the laundromat! I see that a lot of people go to this one and drop off their laundry. I can see how that would be a good thing to do if you're too much "on-the-go." However, if it's just because you don't want to do it, that would be a nice chunk of change if you do that every week...as it is, I spend between $6.00 - 6.50 as it is and it takes less than 2 hours (thanks to the triple-loader!).... - R|
|- wrote up my new blog HERE|
- had a pretty cool day yesterday. Because of the new meds I got for my leg cramps, can you believe I actually slept nearly 5 hours straight w/o getting up due to this. Granted, muscles still quite sore as I've been putting on Icy Hot 2x/day, but it is beginning to work, so I'm psyched!
- Feel good enough to put in another workout @ the gym...will be doing that soon.
Until later... - R
Saturday, May 2, 2009
- While I was on my AM walk, I cramped up again on both legs (left calf and right hamstring). I have been dealing with these cramps since I hit the gym on Monday and I believe it's due to my meds causing de-hydration in my muscles. Even though I've been using Icy Hot liberally, it's just not good enough. I finally discussed things w/ my mom (since she's a nurse) and she said that besides eating spinach, yogurt, and bananas, the only other thing she can think of is to ask a doctor's opinion. Well, after talking to my family physician, she came back and told me to pick up something called Quinine. I'm going to CVS now to get some...I hope this works because the muscle cramps/Charlie Horses are driving me insane!
... - R
Friday, May 1, 2009
- Just got back from Albany. Right from work my brother and I went up there for dinner. Although I did eat more than I should have, I looked at it as a good night out. We all deserve that ever so often, huh?
... - R
- Trying to concentrate on what lies in front of me: Need to finish this up and get the ball rolling faster...
... - R
- No muscle spasms last night for once! Maybe I'm over that perverbial "hump" due to being in bed over a week when I was sick. Met up w/ my neighbor and walked with him while his dog was doing his "business." About 15 minutes total: Nothing major, just long enough to get the blood going a bit.
- It is Friday, but with so much to do today, the light @ the end of this tunnel will hopefully happen by early evening! ... - R